- Date and time :
28 Aug @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Due to the global pandemic (Covid-19 coronavirus), Huang Laoshi Mandarin Centre decided to offer this online cooking lesson- sushi making. (fees: 100 Rand per person)
Our centre will send the list of all ingredients to the participants at least 3 days ahead before the cooking lesson starts at 13:30 on the 28th of August 2021 (Saturday). The participants need to prepare all the ingredients by own selves.
1. The online cooking lesson will be conducted via Zoom.
2. Our Centre will create a group on WhatsApp and add all the participants on it.
3. The Zoom invitation will be sent to you via WhatsApp 5 minutes ahead (13:25) before the cooking lesson starts.
4. During the online cooking lesson, the participants can ask questions, and share photos or videos via WhatsApp group.
5. The participants are welcome to speak to chef directly in class.
Sushi (すし, 寿司, 鮨, pronounced [sɯɕiꜜ] or [sɯꜜɕi]) is a Japanese dish of prepared vinegared rice (鮨飯, sushi-meshi), usually with some sugar and salt, accompanying a variety of ingredients (ネタ, neta), such as seafood, often raw, vegetables, and occasionally tropical fruits. Styles of sushi and its presentation vary widely, but the one key ingredient is “sushi rice”, also referred to as shari (しゃり), or sumeshi (酢飯).
Sushi is traditionally made with medium-grain white rice, though it can be prepared with brown rice or short-grain rice. It is very often prepared with seafood, such as squid, eel, yellowtail, salmon, tuna or imitation crab meat. Many types of sushi are vegetarian. It is often served with pickled ginger (gari), wasabi, and soy sauce. Daikon radish or pickled daikon (takuan) are popular garnishes for the dish.
Sushi is sometimes confused with sashimi, a related dish in Japanese cuisine that consists of thinly sliced raw fish, or occasionally meat, and an optional serving of rice. (From Wikipedia)
Are you interested in learning how to make sushi?
Programme on the this event
1. Learning the technique of making sushi
fees: 100 Rand per person