- Date and time :
19 Sep @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Due to the global pandemic (Covid-19 coronavirus), Huang Laoshi Mandarin Centre decided to offer this online cooking lesson- steam-fried buns making. (fees: 100 Rand per person)
Our centre will send the list of all ingredients to the participants at least 3 days ahead before the cooking lesson starts at 13:30 on the 19th of September (Sunday). The participants need to prepare all the ingredients by own selves.
1. The online cooking lesson will be conducted via Zoom.
2. Our Centre will create a group on WhatsApp and add all the participants on it.
3. The Zoom invitation will be sent to you via WhatsApp 5 minutes ahead (13:25) before the cooking lesson starts.
4. During the online cooking lesson, the participants can ask questions, and share photos or videos via WhatsApp group.
5. The participants are welcome to speak to chef directly in class.
Shengjian mantou (Wu Chinese: ssanji mhoedhou), shengjian bao, or shengjian for short, is a type of small, pan-fried baozi (steamed buns) which is a specialty of Shanghai. It is typically filled with pork and gelatin that melts into soup/liquid when cooked. It has been one of the most common breakfast items in Shanghai since the early 1900s. As a ubiquitous breakfast item, it has a significant place in Shanghai cuisine. (Quoted from Wikipedia)
Are you interested in learning how to make steam-fried buns?
Programme on the this event
1. Learning the technique of making steam-fried buns
fees: 100 Rand per person