- Date and time :
25 Jul @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Due to the global pandemic (Covid-19 coronavirus), Huang Laoshi Mandarin Centre decided to offer this online cooking lesson- springrolls making. (fees: 100 Rand per person)
Our centre will send the list of all ingredients to the participants at least 3 days ahead before the cooking lesson starts at 13:30 on the 25th of July 2021 (Sunday). The participants need to prepare all the ingredients by own selves.
1. The online cooking lesson will be conducted via Zoom.
2. Our Centre will create a group on WhatsApp and add all the participants on it.
3. The Zoom invitation will be sent to you via WhatsApp 5 minutes ahead (13:25) before the cooking lesson starts.
4. During the online cooking lesson, the participants can ask questions, and share photos or videos via WhatsApp group.
5. The participants are welcome to speak to chef directly in class.
Spring rolls are a large variety of filled, rolled appetizers or dim sum found in East Asian and Southeast Asian cuisine. The name is a literal translation of the Chinese chūn juǎn (春卷 ‘spring roll’). The kind of wrapper, fillings, and cooking technique used, as well as the name, vary considerably within this large area, depending on the region’s culture.
Spring rolls of different shapes, sizes and fillings have been a popular snack in Asia for centuries. It is believed that spring rolls originated from China. It was a seasonal food consumed during the spring, started as a pancake filled with the new season’s spring vegetables, a welcome change from the preserved foods of the long winter months. (Quoted from Wikipedia)
Are you interested in learning how to make springrolls?
Programme on the this event
1. Learning the technique of making springrolls
fees: 100 Rand per person