- Date and time :
26 Jun @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Due to the global pandemic (Covid-19 coronavirus), Huang Laoshi Mandarin Centre decided to offer this online cooking lesson- sun-cakes making. (fees: 100 Rand per person)
Our centre will send the list of all ingredients to the participants at least 3 days ahead before the cooking lesson starts at 13:30 on the 6th of March 2021 (Saturday). The participants need to prepare all the ingredients by own selves.
1. The online cooking lesson will be conducted via Zoom.
2. Our Centre will create a group on WhatsApp and add all the participants on it.
3. The Zoom invitation will be sent to you via WhatsApp 5 minutes ahead (13:25) before the cooking lesson starts.
4. During the online cooking lesson, the participants can ask questions, and share photos or videos via WhatsApp group.
5. The participants are welcome to speak to chef directly in class.
A sun-cake, or taiyang bing, is a popular Taiwanese dessert originally from the city of Taichung, Taiwan. The typical fillings consist of maltose (condensed malt sugar), and they are usually sold in special gift boxes as souvenirs for visitors. Some famous sun-cake pastry shops always have long lines of people waiting to buy boxed sun-cakes.
Sun-cakes are round, and they may vary in size. They are characterized by flaky crusts. Most people eat them with Chinese tea, and some people dissolve them in hot water to make a porridge-like dessert. (Quoted from Wikipedia)
Are you interested in learning how to make sun-cakes?
Programme on the this event
1. Learning the technique of making sun-cakes
fees: 100 Rand per person